The Finance, Administration, Management, Information Technology (FAMI) Section welcomes all new and returning members. We challenge every Eastern District member to solicit at least two people from your county or district to join not only Eastern District but the FAMI section. The purpose of FAMI is to provide an opportunity for the exchange of ideas; to promote and foster professional skills and efficiency of the members; to provide a forum for the discussion and dissemination of information.
At the August 11, 2021 virtual meeting, the following members were installed to the FAMI executive committee:
– Andrea Freeman, Administrative Officer III and HIPAA Privacy and Security Officer MTW District Health Department
– Wanda Steed, Processing Assistant and HIPAA Coordinator Warren County Health Department
– Tanisha Lyons, Office Assistant III – Warren County Health Department
– Monica Short-Owens, Compliance Officer – Cumberland County Health Department
FAMI needs two members at large to complete the section executive committee. If you are interested or know someone that may be interested, contact Monica Short-Owens via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrea Freeman at email@example.com. The Executive Committee looks forward to seeing everyone at the upcoming Spring Conference April 6-8th at Atlantic Beach. The committee is putting together workshops on topics concerning Medicaid Transformation, Health Information Exchange, HIPAA compliance during COVID and much more.
I welcome the opportunity for questions, comments or ideas you may have to make the FAMI Section better. Please do not hesitate to contact me via email (listed above).
– Andrea R Freeman, MPA – FAMI Section Chair